Khentii Mountain 8 days Tour: All time driving by 4×4 vehicle.
- Main Routes (adjustable to guest’ interest): Ulaanbaatar – Khukh Lake (Khukhnuur) – Onon/Binder – 13th Century Live Museum – Ulaanbaatar.
- Overnight at tents or tourist camps (based on guest preference)
Proposed trip activities:
- Sightseeing of natural landscapes (forest steppe and mountains)
- Horse riding and Hiking
- Visit historical places of Chinggis Khaan
- Overnight stay at Ger Camps
Khukhnuur – (Blue lake)
The full name of the lake is the Blue Lake of Black Heart (Kharzurkhenii). Black Heart is the pointed topped mountain on the north side of the lake. Blue Lake is a very important place in Mongolian history particularly of Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan). Here Temuujin (Chinggis Khaan’s childhood name) was given the title, “Chinggis Khaan”, and was invested as a “The Great Khaan of all Mongolia” in 1189.
The 13th Century (Live Museum) National Park, Mongolia in the Tuv aimag (province), Erdene soum, is a living museum allowing visitors a glimpse of life as an ancient Mongol during the time of Genghis Khan.
The National Park is just under 100km (3 hours drive) east of Ulaanbaatar and covers an area of around 3km square. It is divided into six ‘camps’ each showing important cultural aspects of 13th Century life in Mongolia.